Well now. Here we are. I was really hoping Nic would get punt of the month. He deserved it. Here's his case:
- Drove 4 hours to Madison. Climbed at the gym for a few hours and then started drytooling. Broke a hold. A Nicros hold, just to top it all off. Punt
- Drove 1 hour to the lake and then failed to stand on top of two big pads after repeated effort. Punt
- Did some 5.6's and then cut his arm open walking over to Jenga. Had to hike out and go to the doctor to get it glued up. Punt
- Both the Ranger and the Doctor were dicks to him cause they didn't like his tone. Punt
- Drove an hour back to Madison, at a burrito and passed out on our couch. No Punt. Burritos are good.
- Set the Union South wall with a busted arm and forgot his socks, charger and something else at our house. Punt
- Drove 4 hours back to Minneapolis not having climbed anything and called it his least productive climbing weekend ever. Punt
- Ended up driving a minimum of 10 hours only to buy Katie a bottle of Adult Chocolate Milk(which is DAMN strong btw). Punt
But then Katie threw a wrench in the gears. Here's her case:
- Repeated, uncountable punts off the last move on Jenga. Over and over and over. All caught on video. Punt
On one hand we have a general life punt. Nic wasn't trying hard or doing anything difficult for himself, he just slipped and fell and started bleeding. Dude was just walking...On really slippery quarzite.
On the other hand we have someone who's trying incredibly hard and coming up just short. Albeit many times, but coming up just short. It is possibly the definition of punting. I mean seriously, watch the video. Textbook punt.
Now, I've equalized the two cause they're pretty inexcusable. Both of them. Individually in any other month they'd win outright, but we have this truly incredible circumstance where I've got two clear winners. Two people that punted so hard it's difficult to comprehend. Neither of them are winners here. But there has to be one clear loser. It'd be sheer chaos if I just took the easy way out and made them both punt of the month.
How did I decide you ask? How did I separate two perfectly equal but totally different punts? It's an almost impossible task but after some soul searching I figured out what I had to do. It was so simple after I thought of it. So easy.
I brought it down to the bribes.
Nic bought me a six pack of Double Cream Stout and a bottle of incredibly strong boozed up Chocolate Milk.
Katie made me a cake in the shape of a penguin.
Nic, YOU are Punt Of The Month. And I want you to know that this wasn't an easy decision to make. If you had made me a cake in the shape of a penguin AND gotten me some boozy chocolate milk, you'd have won.
But you didn't. I look forward to procuring your prize at Goodwill this week.