Thursday, October 21, 2010

Waves

It seems everyone around here has been sick recently and unfortunately my number kinda came up. Not full blown terrible-ness yet, but kind of a crappy week this week. It's always funny to not know why you feel terrible until the sickness comes on full force.

I had a terrible night of climbing on Tuesday and I had no idea why. Then by midday Wednesday my nose was going crazy and it all made sense. Now is as good a time as any to recover and take a bit of rest I guess.

Sadly, it's looking like rain Saturday and Sunday and I leave next Tuesday for the Hardwear Fall 11 sales meeting in beautiful Sun River, Oregon. I get to stay here. Could be worse? Hah.

On a totally different note the Halloween comp is coming up a week from Saturday and that's always a fun time. That said, for the first time since 2003 or so I might actually be competing instead of setting. Should be interesting, to say the least. I'm not exactly the best comp climber out there.

I end up flying out of Bend, Oregon at 5:30AM the Saturday of the comp so I'm sure I'll be nice and chipper when I get back to Madison at 6PM that night. I'll climb real fast boys.

I will say that I'm not going to miss the inevitable injury that I've seemed to generate the last three times I've set for the comp. It's been kind of a pain in the ass the last few years and it's nice to feel healthy going into the fall season. Things seem to be clipping along at a nice pace and we've got goals in mind.

So. Who's gonna come to the comp? I'm still debating dressing up as a hot dog. We'll see...

1 comment:

  1. The metal is all milled and nothing is stamped. The deployant closes with a reassuring click, and a soft tug on the end of the deployant is necessary to open the bracelet. On the rolex replica uk President bracelet, the system is almost identical, but it is designed to have a hidden deployant. The release mechanism is hidden under the bracelet and a tug of the rolex replica uk crown logo releases the bracelet. Neither bracelet is better than the other overall. You get a more formal look and probably a bit more comfort with the Rolex President bracelet, while the Oyster bracelet is sportier looking. The most distinctive feature of any rolex replica sale Datejust II or Rolex Day-Date II watch is the famous fluted bezel. It is actually possible to get replica watches these models with a domed and polished bezel versus a fluted one. But what is the fun in that? You get these for the replica watches uk famous bezel that has marked an extremely historic design.

    ReplyDelete