Thursday, October 21, 2010

Waves

It seems everyone around here has been sick recently and unfortunately my number kinda came up. Not full blown terrible-ness yet, but kind of a crappy week this week. It's always funny to not know why you feel terrible until the sickness comes on full force.

I had a terrible night of climbing on Tuesday and I had no idea why. Then by midday Wednesday my nose was going crazy and it all made sense. Now is as good a time as any to recover and take a bit of rest I guess.

Sadly, it's looking like rain Saturday and Sunday and I leave next Tuesday for the Hardwear Fall 11 sales meeting in beautiful Sun River, Oregon. I get to stay here. Could be worse? Hah.

On a totally different note the Halloween comp is coming up a week from Saturday and that's always a fun time. That said, for the first time since 2003 or so I might actually be competing instead of setting. Should be interesting, to say the least. I'm not exactly the best comp climber out there.

I end up flying out of Bend, Oregon at 5:30AM the Saturday of the comp so I'm sure I'll be nice and chipper when I get back to Madison at 6PM that night. I'll climb real fast boys.

I will say that I'm not going to miss the inevitable injury that I've seemed to generate the last three times I've set for the comp. It's been kind of a pain in the ass the last few years and it's nice to feel healthy going into the fall season. Things seem to be clipping along at a nice pace and we've got goals in mind.

So. Who's gonna come to the comp? I'm still debating dressing up as a hot dog. We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment